Admired By Beckstead Photography Contest Winner! Wedding Photographers South Florida - Copeland Photography

Wow! What a week! So much goodness for us here at Copeland Photography. World renown photographer, David Beckstead has competitions for wedding photographers. We are humbled to be selected as the most recent winner. Here is what David said about our image:

“The square compositional format really works with this image. All lines including the painting lines and horizon line point to the couple in the middle, supporting a center/subject composition: breaking the Rule of Thirds successfully. I enjoy the repetitive squares of the painting and overall format. The toning works well to enhance the mood of this photographic art. I am drawn in by the believable passionate kiss and body positioning which works well with the flow of the composition. Great use of negative space giving the viewer’s eye a place to rest on the top right and giving the couple a place to ‘pop’ from the background.    

Love this shot!!”

Much, much thanks for the recognition David. P.S. Thank you Mike and Gisela for the spectacular dancing and wonderful wedding!
   
Here is the Link to the contest page:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image - congratulations. And thankyou for your comment

Lilly said...

Curtis, this photo is fabulous! Thank you for stopping by to comment on my blog, too! I desperately appreciate it. Hard to get folks over! I'm a native South Floridian, so it's nice to find you're from my old stomping ground (Go Killian Cougars!). Best of luck to you, though you don't seem to need luck!

Lilly S.
http://freeworkathomeideas.blogspot.com/

Kat Braman said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! And congratulations on the win. It is a beautiful photo.

Didi and Pedro said...

CONGRATS!!!

Arielle Langhorne said...

I couldn't say it better than Beckstead, it's an amazing image. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

congrats to you for those kind words. I agree...

David Pullum said...

Congrats, beautiful image

Karen Ziemkowski said...

congrats on your winning image and thanks for the comment on my blog! It really is beautiful - I can see why it was picked to win!

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

What a creative and beautiful portait, Curtis. So many wedding photographers produce the "cookie cutter" image that makes you fall asleep.

Erin said...

Beautiful picture. Congrats!

Jen Rinaldi Photography said...

Congrats to you !!

Lovely photo of a special moment.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Andy said...

Wow congrats on the award!! Really nice shot. Also thanks for visiting my photoblog!

Pat Bloomfield said...

Congratulations Curtis!

They are great comments from David. I saw him talk a couple of months ago in London and he has a great refreshing attitude to wedding photography. so if you've not seen him yet I can highly recommend it :)

Pat Bloomfield
Patb Wedding Photography UK

raw photo design said...

congrats!!

Nikki Evans said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the comment. your work is awesome. God Bless.